Chipisms as well as a handful of honorable mentions.
10. “Our goal every day is to win the day.” #WTD
9. “I've worn the same practice visor since I got here in 2007 ... I'm just trying to save the school money.”
8. “I was kind of surprised with a school like this that they didn’t have a lawnmower.” On the long grass at Stanford Stadium.
7. “Let me show you how to throw a football. You gotta flick it like a booger.”
6. “Maybe your parents didn't believe in you (@JohnCanzanoBFT).”
5. “De'Anthony's pretty good. D'Angelo's is a great restaurant back East. They sell great subs.” After postgame flub by a Root Sports reporter.
4. “Can you please show her (@ErinAndrews) a little respect?”
3. “(Play calling) is driven by the players that you have...you can't be a riverboat gambler if you are coaching the Little Giants.”
2. “The sports reporters are very underpaid in this state. There should be a pension system for them & maybe some of them could retire early.”
1.“HEY! WILL YOU SHUT UP!!!” Coaching up some young Ducks fans while talking to @ErinAndrews after the ASU victory.
“I don't know. Could be God.” On who Nick Aliotti is talking to on the phone during Ducks games.
“The 3-4 is the second greatest mystery behind the Sasquatch in Eugene, to be honest with you.” [Kelly has repeatedly resisted reporters — and a few coaches — contentions his defense runs a lot of 3-4 looks].
“I'll answer any question, but every question is a stupid question.”
“I could go and stay at a @HolidayInn and see if I could figure it out, but we're just goin’ with what we got.” On dealing with injuries.
“I'll give any teller who gives me a lollipop four stars.” Comparing recruiting services to banks.
“They are like a tea bag. You don't know what you are going to get until you put them in hot water.” On quarterbacks.